What To Expect
5a is our general starting time. We will tailor our day's gameplan to your fishing preferences, the weather, and current fishing conditions. We may fish pole the flats, fish the rocky coast, explore backwater estuaries, cast to deep channels and edges or chase fish on top water. Capt. Kyle specializes in sight fishing for striped bass. Sight fishing is exciting, intimate and often very rewarding. When the conditions are aligned, sight fishing is recommended. Lunch is provided on full day 8 hour trips.
Boat & Equipment:
Capt. Kyle will provide all equipment needed for the charter including rods and flies. Kyle operates a Hog Island SW 16 which is a very versatile flat bottom poling skiff. The Hog is outfitted with a 2016 Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor, 2016 Humminbird Helix 9, poling platform, casting brace, and 2 YETI coolers. Kyle is a member of the Thomas & Thomas prostaff and his boat is loaded with the T&T Exocett 9wt, Solar 9wt, Exocett 10wt, and Exocett 8wt. For conventional equipment Kyle is outfitted with TFO light tackle spinning gear with Penn reels. Kyle ties most of his flies; you can expect to be fishing some well known patterns along with Kyle's own variations.
Species and Time of Year:
Striped bass begin to show up in early May and can stick around into October and November. Stripers are our primary target. Flats are the focus from end of May to early September. As the fall approaches the rocks and coast become our target.
What To Bring:
- Hat with brim, and clothing that provides sun protection.
- Rain gear or windbreaker. NOTE: It's typically notably cooler on the water in the summer months.
- Sandals and/or shoes.
- Polarized Sunglasses are very important to a successful day.
- Snacks and food. Lunch is not provided on 4 and 6 hour trips but can be arranged for an additional cost. Lunch is provided on 8 hour trips but please feel free to still bring snacks along.
- Iced YETI coolers will be available on each trip.
- Capt. Kyle will provide (2) 36oz YETI Ramblers with water. If you desire other drinks please bring along. Plastic is not encouraged but refillable water bottles are. ; )
- Sunscreen and SPF chapstick.
Cancellation Policy & Payment:
- 50% deposit to hold a date. Second 50% payment is expected at the end of the guide trip. Payment can also be sent to (please don't mail cash):
- Soul Fly Outfitters, 7 Goose Point, Kittery Point, Maine 03905
- Summer is our time to shine and everyday that we book is very valuable. You will receive a full refund if you cancel more than 30 days out from your trip. If you need to cancel your trip within the 30 day period you will be given the opportunity to rebook another day within the current fishing season.
- If you are unable to rebook and have canceled within 30 days of your trip you will be charged full price until that date is rebooked with another client. If your canceled date is rebooked with another client you will receive a full refund minus a 15% rebooking fee.
Cliff House, This iconic Maine resort has been captivating guests since 1872. Cliff House sprawls across 70 acres of cliffside, oceanfront property giving way to expansive views of the North Atlantic and Nubble Lighthouse to the south. Book your fly fishing and lodging package today. Destinationhotels.com/cliff-house
York Harbor Inn, Located in York Harbor, boasts gorgeous coastal views within walking distance of the beach. With a bed & breakfast feel, you'll get a personalized stay every time. yorkharborinn.com
Stage Neck Inn, located at the mouth of the York River, you can fish out your hotel window... well almost! Great accommodations, great food on the premises, and an authentic Maine Experience. https://stageneck.com/